Monday, August 11, 2008

ANKARAGUCU - AND NOW FOR SOME SERIOUS BUSINESS !

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

ANKARAGUCU wrapped up their pre-season `friendlies` programme last night with a 0-0 draw in Eskisehir.

After the 5-0 thrashing at the hands of AEK it was obviously time to put a few things right at the back in preparation for the BIG ONE on Friday night ! Experience has taught us never to under-estimate matches against Gencler and local derbies should always be treated as `one off` affairs !

So, what about Friday and Sunday and The Sportswriters Cup matches ?

Still no good news to report, so all bets are off for meeting at The Chopin. Unfortunately, we will have to make our own arrangements to get to `The Stadium from Hell` at Yenikent. Therefore, for all the fanatiks who are determined to try it (me included) I can give you directions if you contact me by email or phone.

As I said in my previous post, this is a pisser, but living in Ankara we gradually become accustomed to being `effed around` no matter which Stadium we go to !!

If there is any last minute good news to report I will put it in the comments section of this post.

Watch this space for match reports which I will endeavour to put up at the weekend.

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment