Tuesday, April 07, 2009

ANKARAGUCU'S NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE STATISTICS !

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

Curiosity killed the cat they say !

Well, Mountaineering Kanka Robbie's comments in the previous post got me to thinking. Why wait for the summer to look into my crystal ball ! So, I did it tonight.

He is, as always, absolutely right. Ankaragucu beat Diyarbakirspor 5-1 in a league match on 5 February 2006.

However, there was another match in 2006 in which Ankaragucu won 4-1 against Kayseri Erciyes, but I can't remember if it was league or cup. It was on 29 October.

I reckon this is a task for Battle Damaged Kanka Damon to put his investigative talents to good use and ascertain the answer. Let's have it BD !!!

Anyway, let's hope it's not another THREE years before we can register four or more in a league match !

Roll on Friday and the odyssey to Bursa to pick up another three points with Hikmet Karaman's new team of 'attackers' !!!

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

2 comments:

  1. Nope. BD is basking in the present at the moment, no time for thinking about the past or the future. Although, I will be thinking about the future tomorrow when I go for tickets for BUUURSSAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor get-out clause. Cluck Cluck Cluck !!!

    Go to it ! It is now a directive !!!

    ReplyDelete