Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gencler knocked out of Turkish Cup

This photo was taken an hour before the match was supposed to kick-off. Photo nicked from aktifhaber.

Oh dear. Wasn't what I was expecting.

Boluspor 3-2 Genclerbirligi (1-1 after full time)

No radio broadcast of the match so all I could do was follow mackolik.com which merely had the scores, the goals who go yellow cards and a small comments sections below which was overtaken by trolls confusing the hell out of me.

So again, no real match report from me. All I can say that the game was played deep in snow (kick-off was delayed by 40 minutes as they tried to clear the pitch).

With a few key players injured, namely Azofeifa and Aykut, and the coach deciding to let a few fringe players a run, including new signing from Ankaragucu Duruer, Gencler were certainly not fielding their best team.

So it's no surprise that we ended up losing.

The game:

Bolu went ahead in the 49th. (1-0)

Yasin Curri scores in injury time. (1-1)

Bolu score first in extra time (2-1)

Herve Tum scores in 112th (2-2)

126th minute and trolls take over mackolik forum. Goals are being reported for both sides. I have no idea what is happening.

127th minute and Bolu scores (3-2)

Back to the league for us then.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 am

    Hello, benim adım Alessandro, I'm new here in town, I'm looking for a local football team which I can play with on a regular basis. Do you know any person at all that I can contact or any sport centre I can go to and join them for training? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:01 pm

    alessandro. there are a couple of regular games of five-a-side run by expats. send a message to the "contact us" tab on the right of the website, and Oz Kanka may be able to point you in the right direction.

    Spine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ersun Yanal returns to The 19 Mayis Stadium today (Saturday) as Coach of Eskisehir and he is sure to received a welcome.

    Since he left Ankaragucu, and later Gencler, it has been all downhill for both clubs from then !

    The term 'if only' applies to what he could have done for both clubs given the wherewithal !!

    ReplyDelete