Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gencler need wins, not draws!

A busy weekend and start to the week for me has led to this post being just a touch late.

Antalyaspor 2 - 2 Genclerbirligi

We had guests over the weekend and I couldn't think of a better place to take them after a session of tobogganing the slopes of Segmenler Park than the Red Lion Club.

Only problem was the kiddy guests weren't all that interested in the Antalya-Gencler match.

I could sort of see why as the football on show wasn't that great.

By the time we started watching Gencler were already 1-0 down but Antalya had had one of their players sent off.

We managed to claw back but then Cem Can was silly enough to earn a second yellow card. We had been controlling the play up until that point but Antalya smelt blood and it wasn't long before they went ahead again.

It was only near the end when Hursut sent in another one of trademark crosses onto the head of Herve Tum who scored his ninth headed goal of the season.

I'm afraid I can't remember much of the match, so I'll just wrap up by saying it was good to see Azofeifa back in the starting 11. I promise to be a bit more detailed after the next match.

No comments:

Post a Comment