Friday, August 13, 2021

THE 2021/2022 FOOTBALL SEASON IN ANKARA

 



 


Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

 

Another season beckons without a Super League team in Ankara with both Ankaragucu and Genclerbirligi having been relegated last season   !

 

For our regular readers, this site has mostly focused on Ankaragucu with match previews, reports and analysis by Nadeem and I, but it was founded ‘many moons ago’ to cover both teams.   Unfortunately, one of this site’s founders left Turkey for personal reasons and I have tried to keep making Gencler reports on a regular basis to compensate for his absence.

 

I will continue to do this as far as I can due to the fact that most of the original Gencler kankas have unfortunately stepped back from supporting their team  !

 

As we all know, the Turkish Championship League  (Division 1) has a high standard of football and the incentive for teams to gain promotion is all too clear for the players and, of course, for financial reasons.    So, a difficult season is looming for both teams.

 

The first matches get underway this weekend with Gencler at home tonight to Eyupspor to start the ball rolling.

 

As you have seen from Nadeem’s preview, Ankaragucu travel to play Tuzlaspor on Sunday.

 

Both teams have seen the majority of last season’s players depart for pastures new and we wish them well.

 

I will have a report of the Gencler match up here tomorrow.    The 1st league match of the season is usually a tight affair and I see no reason why this match will be any different.

 

I’m infamous for my predictions, however, I’ll stick my neck out and predict a no scoring or a low scoring draw  !!

 

Good luck and success to Ankaragucu and Gencler this season in their endeavours to return to the super League at the first time of asking.

 

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment