Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ANKARAGUCU and Genclerbirligi - WE DID IT FIRST !

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

I almost choked on my toast and marmalade this morning at breakfast as I was reading the sports section of Hurriyet.

We all know only too well that Hurriyet nick ideas and information from our Blog, but now we have Fenerbahce at it !!!

Imagine my shock when I saw the Fenerbahce Flag (celebrating their 100th birthday !) on top of Mount Everest !

Remember the inspiration we all had last year from Oz Kanka when he scaled the dangerous Bolu Mountain and planted the Gencler Flag at the top ??!!

This famous act inspired Mountaineering Kanka Robbie and Mountaineering Kankie Judy to even greater heights when they planted the ANKARAGUCU Flag on the summit of Mount Killimenjaro (spelling ?).

Well, I suppose copying our idea is a form of flattery and we will accept gratitude from Fenerbahce for taking our idea and showing the Fenerbahce Flag on the summit of the world's great mountains !

As a matter of interest, Marash Kanka Hakan mentioned to me last Sunday that we should have sent Robbie and Judy's photo to Hurriyet and Sabah. What do you think Oz Kanka ? Worth a try for some well deserved publicity, ie, we were first !! It's never too late to score smartie points me thinks ?!

So, as you all know, it will be ANKARAGUCU's 100th birthday in 2010 and that gives Robbie and Judy just over 2 years to make their preparations for the assault on Everest. Go to it kankas !!

By the way, when I go home next year to see Hibernian retain the CIS Scottish League Cup I will be making an assault on The North Berwick Law (700 feet all the way up !!) to plant an ANKARAGUCU Flag on Scotland's finest (not highest !) !!

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

2 comments:

  1. Bastards. A relative of my wife climbed Everest not so long ago and I forgot to get them to take a Gencler flag.

    By the way, my inspiration for jumping on the ski lift to get to the top of Mt. Bolu was actually from Mountaineering Kanka Robbie who had earlier climbed Hasan Dag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer I'm going to attempt the hazardous Elmadag.

    This is the ultimate challenge for Eski Kanka, and Oz Kanka is my inspiration. However, I will resist taking the ski lift !!!

    ReplyDelete