Friday, September 08, 2006

`DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA`

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

As a follow-up to my blog yesterday `THE SOUTH AMERICAN QUESTION – ARGENTINA AND BRASIL WHERE ARE YOU ?` I think I didn’t do Argentina justice by omitting some up-to-date information about their league.

At the moment, there are 5 famous clubs in the Top 6 positions, and these names just roll off the tongue to footie fanatiks, eg,

Boca Juniors, Independiente, River Plate, Estudiantes and Racing Club.

Granted, the league is only 5 weeks old, as opposed to Brasil (Brasil is spelt with an SSSSSS for Oz Kanka’s education !!!) which is in its 22nd week.

Notwithstanding, I’m sure all those famous clubs from both countries will be in there at the end fighting it out for the silverware. Perhaps our visitors to the blog from South America will keep us updated ???

One last snipit. You will recall that I mentioned in my previous blog that the British Expats introduced footie to Argentina and assisted them to set-up their league. Well, would you believe that there is a team called ARSENAL sitting in 10th position in the league ??!!

Hey, that would make a good footie quiz question if Mr Rob Dix reads this blog !!!

All the best from South American Footie Lover, Eski Kanka Jim

8 comments:

  1. According to the Oxford dictionary, how does one spell the big Portuguese -speaking country in South America?

    That would make a good quiz question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Further education lesson for Poms and Aussies.........

    The people of Brasil call their country BRASIL and it is not my intention to follow the Poms and use the `Z` !

    For example, would I allow a Pom to call me `Scotch` ??!!

    I rest my case !!!

    PS..... I don't recognise the Oxford dictionary as being as authoratitive as THE CHAMBERS DICTIONARY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Zagreb Kankie loves it when Oz Kanka and Eski Kanka have a `bun fight`.

    However, I STILL rest my case. When in Rome........ do what the Romans do !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When in an English-speaking blog, spell like English people do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:27 pm

    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:33 pm

    You two should think about going into lawyers. :-) You will be excellent in that. :-)

    Love ya-
    :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I met Oz Kanka I have learned never, but, never, argue with a journalist, but...... my Scottish blood still flows in my veins and I love it when he is nasty to me !!!!

    Let's have another `bun fight` !!

    ReplyDelete