Thursday, July 06, 2006

ANKARAGUCU - PANIC

Greetings Kankas. Discouraging news in Hurriyet this morning.

With only 3 weeks before The Sportswriters Cup matches, Ankaragucu don't have any strikers in their squad ! Oh yes, and it would also be a good idea to have a coach installed BEFORE the season begins !!!

Umut has been transferred to Trabzon, Balic says he is not returning and Ahmet Belal wants more money !! It always comes down to money doesn't it ??!! Isn't that why we lost Ersun Yanal to our neighbours a few years ago ?!

Far be it for me to tell Cemal Aydin how to run the club, but I return to my article in the Sabah last month when I called for him to show more ambition in trying to keep his key players and bring in quality players. I have constantly stated the fact that if Trabzon can win the league then surely it is not beyond the realms of reason to expect an Ankara team to win the league ??!!

I am not saying that it time to `hit the panic button` yet...........but...... I am just hoping that Mr Cemal Aydin has a few tricks up his sleeve before we have to face another `backs against the wall` season !!!

All the best from a Hopeful Eski Kanka Jim

2 comments:

  1. You don't have a coach yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well......... we now have a coach, but........... all we need now is a team !!!

    Ever hopeful Eski Kanka Jim

    ReplyDelete