Thursday, August 10, 2023

GENCLERBIRLIGI – SEASON 2023/2024

 



 

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

 

For our regular readers a re-cap and some background for new readers.

 

This Blog/Website was founded by Oz Kanka Chris and me many moons ago when the Kanka Group was comprised of Ankaragucu and Gencler kanka.

 

With Oz Kanka now based Down-Under, I have tried to maintain a Gencler input even though this site is now weighted towards Ankaragucu.

 

Therefore, I will endeavour to report on Gencler matches this season like I have in the past, and when unable to do so for one reason or another, I will at least put the score and scorers up here.

 

Looking at the Gencler squad line-up there are lots of new names unknown to me, but one new face which stands out is ex-Sivas striker, Mustapha Yatabare, who hails from France, although he represents Mali at International level.    I have seen him play a few times and I’m sure he will be an asset for Gencler   !!

 

Gencler kick off their season on Sunday 13 August at home to Umraniye which will be a difficult match after a spirited attempt at promotion last season by Umraniye.

 

The question is ........ will Gencler be able to challenge for a return to the Super League, or face another season in the relegation zone fighting for survival   ??!!

 

As always, watch this apace for the answer as the season unfolds   !

 

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment