Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Genclerbirligi back on track?

Typical. A match I could not get to because of family duties, ie my marriage may have collapsed if I went, ends up with Genclerbirligi tearing the opposition to pieces.

Genclerbirligi 4 - 1 Akcabatspor

I have the Anadolu news agency and my friend Umut who kept me informed of the scores to report that Isaac Promise, yes, he who this blog has not been the friendliest to in the last two years, scored three goals.

And then Aussie Nick Carle scored his first goal for Genclerbirligi to make it four goals. Somewhere along the line Akcabat also scored a goal.

So what does all this mean? We are now into the group stage of the "We take pride in high transfer fees for bank transactions" Turkish Cup.

Just as an aside, apparently Kahe missed a penalty for us... and as an extra aside our new "in principle" coach, Reinhard Stumpf made it back from Germany in time to watch the second half. Is it a bad omen that we scored three of the four goals in the first half?

No comments:

Post a Comment