Monday, January 09, 2012

Gencler back down to earth

Karabukspor 2 - 1 Genclerbirligi

I'm afraid this is a very short report as I didn't see the match on the telly, nor was I able to listen to it on the radio. I can't actually remember the last time I missed a Genclerbirligi match entirely. This really is bad of me as I even managed to radio blog a Gencler match against Fenerbahce a few years ago, from the lounge room of my parent's house in Sydney in the wee hours of the morning.

Karabuk went 1-0 up first. Herve Tum equalled things before half-time and then Karabuk got the winner in the second half.... er.... that's it.

It does seem as if the wheels have come off after Gencler had such a great run at the end of 2011. Just one point after playing two relegation-threatened teams is not great.

You never know though. We could bounce back.

1 comment:

  1. This tweet just in from Gencler coach @fuatcapa -

    "Hurşut Eskişehir maçına yetişir. Azo'nun tekrar dönmesi Şubat başını bulur. Aykut Ankaragücü maçında sahada olur. İnşallah."

    Insallah indeed.

    ReplyDelete