Sunday, February 12, 2017

Gumushanespor 2-1 Ankaragücü match report!

Another big match for Ankaragucu, and another defeat to go with it. At the start of the week I said that Ankaragucu need to start winning the must win matches against the teams we are challenging for the title. We have now played 3 games against the leading teams and lost them all.

Team - Korcan Celikay, Mohammed Gonulacar, Cenk Kaplan, Sezgin Coskun, Emre Kara, Harun Aydin, Ferhat Culcuoglu, Emre Sahin, Omer Bozan, Erhan Senturk, Muharrem Ozan

Subs - Emre Koyuncu, Mehmet Tasci, Hursit Tasci, Cagatay Ceken, Orhan Gulle, Kenan Özer, Enes Kubat

I'm must add, today's refereeing and linesman performance was one of the worst I've seen in years, that bad that there are questions marks as to whether it was deliberate and Mehmet Yiginer certain didn't hold back at the end of the game.

The pitch at Gumushane was an utter disgrace, there was no grass left and it just looked like dry mud. There was a fantastic atmosphere at the sold out stadium but that unfortunately turned ugly as reports from the Ankaragucu camp claim the home supporters attacked the Ankaragucu fans and management before and during the game.

Ankaragucu started the match pretty positively and looked to take the game to Gumushanespor. It was difficult for both sides though due to the state of the pitch. The first chance of the game came in the 12th minute as Emre Sahin shot from 25 yards but Hasan comfortably saved his effort.

A minute later Gumushanespor took the lead. The impressive Adem Sultan shot from distance took a wicked deflection past the helpless Korcan who had no chance to make it 1-0.

Ankaragucu looked to get straight back into the game and an excellent cross from the right was swung into the box but the ball somehow evaded everyone and Gumush breathed a sigh of relief.

Then came the contraversial 2nd goal. Cenk Kaplan brought down the Gumushanespor left winger inside the box and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. There were no replays but on first view it looked like the correct decision. The Ankaragucu players protested the decision and understandably so as the referee was making some strange decisions prior. Up stepped Ali Ozgun from the spot to make it 2-0.

Ankaragucu at this stage looked the better side but two fortunate goals from Gumushanespor made it an uphill struggle. Ankaragucu had a couple of half chances but their final ball was letting them down.

Then came what can only be described as the goal of the season. From about 35 yards Omer Bolzano unleashed a rocket into the top corner. It was a stunning goal from an excellent player and as Jim said earlier where would we be without him?

Half Time 2-1

The second half was an utter disappointment from Ankaragucu. They created 2-3 half chances with Muharrem blasting a couple over the bar, and then both Erhan and Harun messing up through balls that would have saw one on one chances with the keeper.

The match was stopped for 15 minutes at the end due to crowd trouble.Mehmet Yiginer slammed Gumushanespor at the end of the match saying when they came to Ankara we showed them friendly hospitality, but when we come here we have been attacked and that referee performance was a fix.

A disappointing day again for Ankaragucu. Gumushanespor are now 2 points ahead with a game in hand and are playing bottom of the league Kayseri Erciyesspor next week. While we are at home against Tokatspor.


  1. Yes, you've said it all Nadeem and not much we can say to cheer ourselves.

    The prospect of toiling through another play-off marathon lottery fills me with dread. So, unless there is a catastrophic melt-down by Gumushane then we have to get used to the idea that this is where we are heading.

    In the meantime, we have a hard slog ahead and now the players know that they must win all their remaining matches. Defeats and draws are totally out of the question. The pressure is well and truly on !!!

  2. Just read a comment from a Gencler fan who watched the match. He said that Finance Minister Naci Agbal, there to support Gumushane, entered the side of the pitch whilst the match was in progress. He did so with about 20 bodyguards. Normally, only those with accreditation are allowed next to the pitch.

  3. I saw that Chris during the game, it was in the second have and there was about 20 of them. Why was he tthere?

  4. He is a local (or at least very nearby) MP for the area. Normal politics really. But he shouldn't be wandering around the pitch with his armed bodyguards in the middle of a match.

  5. The Ankaragucu website has a report saying that the incidents today were a "football murder".

    Among the accusations are that the Finance Minister and the governor of the region failed to protect the team and to undertake necessary security measures.

    The team bus was stoned before the match.

    Shoes, lighters and mobile phones were thrown at the team and the dugout.

    The statement says that members of the Ankara press were somehow prevented from reporting.

    The statement attacks the finance minister and the vali for flaunting the rules of football.

    The statement then attacks the referee for various wrong cards awarded, an unfair penalty and then has a go at his non-football profession as a "sales and marketing" person.


  6. Im not always in agreement with Yigner but to be fair he is correct in regards to yesterdays events. The decisions of the referee and linesman are up there with the most bizarre ive ever seen.

    Then the Gumushane mafia walking around the pitch with armed guards. The videos ive seen of their fans attacking our players and fans. Horrible club