Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE STADIUM SMOKING BAN IS NOW OFFICIAL !

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

Oz Kanka Chris has mentioned this subject a few times in this Blog (one fairly recently) and now it is official.

In today's Hurriyet ..... Statlarimiz Artik Dumansiz ..... which roughly translated means ........ No Smoking in Stadiums !

Chuckle chuckle chuckle, titter titter titter says I. Call me Mr Negative if you will but I'll eat my Ankaragucu hat if it works !

Imagine the scenario of a steward going into the middle of Gecikondu or Anti-X and demanding a fine of YTL69 from a perpetrator of this heinous deed ?! Hello .... I don't think so ! He would have to be extremely brave, or to be more exact, extremely stupid to attempt it.

Also, I wouldn't advise any steward to try it on Maniac Kanka Harun either. He is not called Maniac Kanka without good reason !!!

So, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks at the Stadium. Gencler Kankas will be first to report on this when they play Besiktas this weekend, and then the following week I can see for myself what happens when Ankaragucu play Istanbul BBS.

I can't wait !!!

All the best from Nicotine Addict Eski Kanka Jim

1 comment:

  1. Further on this subject in today's (20 August) Hurriyet ...........

    apparently the Police are going to enforce the smoking ban and not the stewards. Mmmmmm, that sheds a different light on the subject me thinks.

    First you can a sore head with the baton hitting it at 100mph and THEN you pay the YTL69 fine !!! Ahhh, now I see .... so I might have to eat that hat after all !!!

    ReplyDelete