Thursday, April 08, 2021

GENCLERBIRLIGI – ALMOST, BUT NOT QUITE !!

 



 

Greetings Kankas and Kankies.

 

Gencler almost escaped from the relegation zone yesterday, but in almost the last kick of the ball, they lost 2 valuable points.

 

Erzurum left it late until 90 plus 3 to share the spoils after having 73% possession and 5 shots on target.    Gencler on the other hand had 27% possession and only 2 shots on target.

 

GENCLERBIRLIGI             1                          BBS Erzurum              1

 

Team – Nordfeldt, Johansson, Arda, Mustafa, Pehlivan, Piris, Soner, Candeias, Yildirim, Yilmaz and Lima

 

Substitutes – Diego, Stancu, Mugni Ayite and Polomat

 

Again, I was unable to watch the match due to the Ankaragucu match being on at the same time, but with all due respect to both teams, according to reports I don’t think I missed much  !!

 

Lima opened the scoring on the half hour mark and it looked like Gencler was going to sneak all 3 points until Da Costa scored the equaliser just before the full time whistle.

 

So, Gencler’s 3 match winning run comes to an end and it may not look too rosy for them with some difficult matches on the horizon, eg, their final match is away to Trabzonspor where they will face a formidable opponent still fighting it out for either Champions League or Europa League qualification.

 

There are only 6 matches left before the end of the season, but this Sunday’s Derby match will have a huge bearing on the run-in.     Yes, it’s a Derby but Ankaragucu look the likelier team to emerge on top after their successful results under their new Coach, Hikmet Karaman, who has turned the team’s fortunes around.    

 

An intriguing match is in prospect, so as always, watch this space for the outcome.

 

All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

No comments:

Post a comment