Sunday, March 05, 2006

Jim is on a natural high, well sort of

Dear Kankas,
Poor old Eski Kanka Jim has been having extreme hassles with his internet this evening and so has asked me to post this on his his behalf. I'd like to point out I'll send a slightly (with the emphasis on slightly) more detailed report on Monday depending on whether the Turkish papers bother to report more than just the scores.
Cheers Oz Kanka

Nothing to say ............ except happiness and a sigh of relief that we can now move forward a little with more optimism. The thought of Ankaragucu down `there` and no more Ankara Derby matches is unthinkable, eg....... Hibs V Hearts, Celtic V Rangers, Real Madrid V Atletico Madrid, etc, etc. I was hoping for 1-0 or 2-1 today because I understood that it might prove to be a tense struggle for both teams, but to win 5-1 is remarkable, given Ankaragucu's unpredictable form this season. I am trying to `clear up` and finish most of my weekend classes so that I can see them in the final run-in to the end of the season, and I also hope I can be there to witness Gencler qualifying for the UEFA Cup. It is all to play for now !!! Look forward to your report of both matches tomorrow. Ankara Ankara........... THIS is Ankara !!!!


All the best from Eski Kanka Jim

Thanks Jim, for the record: Ankaragucu 5 (five) beat Diyarbakirspor 1, Malatayaspor 1 lost to Genclerbirligi 3.





No comments:

Post a Comment