Thursday, June 15, 2006

Great chants by the Scots

I was reading the Guardian blogs today and in between sober analysis of the German victory over Poland I found this great comment by a fellow called MouthinginMD who was in Berlin. I just had to put it here.

Best moment after the game was a singing match between the Germans and a group of Scots near hackescher markt rendered only funnier by the fact they obviously didn't understand each other.

The Germans sang "Bye bye, Poland, you are already out," and the Scots floored me with "We hate England more than you!" Unfortunately the Germans seemed perplexed by it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I like that song..... `we hate the Ingallish more than you`.

    If anyone knows the other verses I would be grateful if you could send it to me for future use !!!!

    All the best from Eski Kanka Jim (still in Bonnie Scotland).

    ReplyDelete